& Their Meanings
1. She was tickled pink by the good news.
- Made very happy
2. You were hands down the best player on the team.
- There was no competition
3. I've been feeling pretty down in the dumps lately.
- Sad or depressed
4. I'm feeling sick as a dog!
- Very sick
5. I've been feeling under the weather.
- Not well
6. Rise and shine!
- Wake up and be happy!
7. Close, but no cigar.
- You were very close, but you did not make it.
8. I could play outside till the cows come home.
- For a very long time
9. Wow! It's raining cats and dogs out there!
- Very hard rain
10. That sound is driving me up the wall!
- Making me very annoyed
11. This assignment is a piece of cake.
- Very easy
12. Although he broke the rules, he was only given a slap on the wrist.
- A mild punishment
13. Yikes! This shirt costs an arm and a leg.
- It is extremely expensive.
14. No, I was just pulling your leg.
- Just joking
15. It's Greek to me!
- I don't understand.
16. Keep your chin up.
- Be happy.
17. Hold your horses.
- Be patient.
18. We're all in the same boat.
- All of us are in the same position.
19. He's a bit of a loose cannon.
20. I will clean my room when pigs fly.